It’s true. I’m famous. I’ve been nominated to receive my first award. It’s like the emmys, grammys, Oscars over here. It’s like I’ve just received the nobel peace prize. My writing on the interwebs has been recognized, people. We are going places. Make sure you are strapped in for the ride. It’s straight to the top for me.
I jest a little. Actually, I was selected to participate in something called the Sunshine Awards which is another blogger’s way of recognizing your efforts in the blogging community. Still pretty cool anyway you slice it since I was pretty much under the impression that 0 people actually read my blog.
“For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (Thank you so much, Emily!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.”
11 Random Facts About Me
- This past summer was the first summer that I have ever worn shorts.
- I always have a pile of unread books on my nightstand. I check all of my unread books out of the library and continue to renew them and never actually read them.
- I have an obsession with cleanliness. I love cleaning the house and I shower at least twice a day, sometimes more.
- I have self diagnosed OCD and ADD.
- I don’t have cable TV. We turned off our cable years ago and don’t miss it at all. We use Netflix as our primary source of television viewing.
- I was once a Real Housewives, Teen Mom and The Hills addict. I’m now a Pretty Little Liars Addict. (don’t judge)
- I also love documentaries, especially ones on environmental issues or health and nutrition.
- I love Ed Begley and Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- Biology was one of my favorite subjects in high school.
- I enjoy dry, sarcastic, dark humor.
- My social security number is….just kidding.
11 Questions Asked of Me
- What causes are you most passionate about? oh this is a big one. I have a vested interest in ovarian cancer research and screening, organic food, chemical free cleaners and products and almost any eco-friendly product or way of living.
- What project is on your to-do list that you keep meaning to finish? what isn’t on my to do list…..
- What are you having for dinner tonight? black bean and sweet potato tacos
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I can’t understand Twitter….still confuses me.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? At this point in my life probably Germany
- Apple cider or hot chocolate? hot chocolate
- Favorite cake flavor? red velvet
- Why did you start blogging? as a way to document and journal my time as a new mom. Also as a way to reach out and relate to other mamas and bloggers.
- Windows or Apple? windows
- Dogs or cats? I have both and most days I would say neither but a cat is so easy to take care of!!
- Who would you most like to have dinner with, dead or alive? My mom
Now it’s time to pay it forward. I am nominating 11 bloggers to join in the fun. These are bloggers that educate me, entertain me, inspire me and support me.
- Structure in an Unstructured Life
- If You Give a Girl a Cookie
- A Cookie Before Dinner
- Leona Lovely
- Drinking the Whole Bottle
- The Patchwork Paisley
- Karen’s Soiree
- Memoirs of a Mama
- Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter
- Homemaking with Style
Here are the 11 questions!
- Coffee or Tea?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite Holiday?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Favorite vacation spot and why?
- Does technology make your life easier or harder?
- What’s the strangest or quirkiest thing you do that other people may not know about?
- Public school, private school or home school?
- Favorite social media site?
- How do you unwind at the end of the day?
- Do you recycle, toss or hoard stuff?